Interact with industry experts sharing their ideas and expertise during this full-day workshop. You'll come away with a new attitude and new resources and tools for more effective and strategic searching.
Marydee Ojala, Editor-in-Chief, Online Searcher
- Light continental breakfast
- Attendee lunch
- Morning and afternoon refreshments
- PLUS complimentary access to the Computers in Libaries Exhibition, March 28-30.
Monday, March 27, 2017
Full Day Workshop
W1: WebSearch University presents Searchers Academy: Upping Our Game9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Now that our smartphones can not only search the web for us but also predict the fastest route to work, how do info pros set themselves apart from anyone with access to Google? This full-day workshop looks at what is innovative, creative, and unexpected in advanced web search, research, and analysis. Searchers Academy allows you to interact with a series of industry experts who share their ideas and expertise in the field of research on the web and in social media. There's always something new to be learned from these leading-edge info pros. Participants should have basic experience with web searching, but even searchers with an extensive searching background will come away with a new attitude and new resources and tools for more effective and strategic searching. Expect to have your assumptions challenged about effective search techniques, strategies, and approaches.
Academy topics include:
Getting More From Web Search: Learn about today's search engine features and techniques that enable you to out-Google anyone ... even your clients!
Digging Deeper: Find out how and where to look for rich the content within the deep web and open access content
Savvier Search Strategies: Forget the tricks from a year ago and learn new search approaches that work today
Upping the Value: What you can do with your search results to make your deliverables decision-ready
Get Updates by email
Connect With Us
Tweets from LibConf
- Thank you for making our 32nd year so wonderful at #CILDC! We'll be right here in 2018, 4/17-19. See you next year!
- Rebecca Stavick, Executive Director of Do Space, introduced Do Space and said it has been in operation for a... fb.me/7zbX8OSdW
- Lee Rainie, Director, Internet, Science, and Technology Research, Pew Research Center, and a frequent and popular... fb.me/5NW1yXtLY